Saturday, September 11, 2010

Behind The Scenes

Hi Ya'll,

This week I wanted to share with you some pictures from behind the scenes at our recent photo shoot!

Check us out, last Sunday, melting while working on our next Equine Chronicle ads.  If you aren't already a subscriber of the Equine Chronicle, you can read it online for free.  Just click this www.onlinedigitalpubs.com/publication/?i=44114 link.  We love being a part of the Chronicle because it covers America's finest Quarter Horses, Paints, and Appaloosas all in one magazine, full of beautiful glossy pictures and articles.



The temperature definitely hit triple digits on Sunday up at Rancho Murretia Equine Center.  Right as we got set up in full sun, I realized how frazzled I must have been while packing for the shoot!  No baseball cap or sun hat, no cooler filled with ice and definitely no shade!  Good thing I like it HOT! and David Art Wooten, our photographer, is a pro and comes prepared.  His mobile office AKA silver SUV is loaded to the gills with camera equipment, lighting, props and snacks, ready for anything.

Whose idea was including the horses anyway?  Oh yeah.......mine!  What a challenge getting our four-legged friends to pose and look their best was!  It's been a while since my show days and now I remember what it's like to have a dry mouth from kissing and clucking while tossing dirt and smacking sticks in scorching hot sun!  Let's just say trying to get the horses to look at the camera and pay attention is not easy.  I was the lucky one wearing a t-shirt and shades,  no chaps or long-sleeved show shirts on my back.

I really can't say a big enough Thank You to our lovely clients for participating, Carley & Christina Carapinha and Sarayah and Shay Voorhees.  They looked absolutely stunning wearing their CBH designs out in the sizzling summer sun. These gorgeous young ladies were so nice to break away to pose for our shoot after an early morning and a long, hot day of showing at the 7CPHA show.  Despite the afternoon heat it was so much fun to see the girls sitting pretty on their silky horses all show-ring ready.  What a pretty picture they are, it's enough to make me want to jump back into the saddle!

Growing up riding and showing with my sister, these sister pictures hold a special place with me as new favorites.  I think they really remind me of me and my sis Robin as kids or maybe they are a reminder of great days past, those moments we hold on to and never forget.  There were so many special clothes, beloved horses and small victories.  Watching and designing for the younger girls and youth is definitely my favorite.  I have so many ideas and can easily imagine what I would want to be wearing.  It's almost like coming full circle from my past to now.  Even if I'm not literally out in the ring, I feel like I'm winning knowing I helped make these clients' moments more special.

You can check out all our ads on our site www.heathershotcouture.com/category/Equine-Chronicle-Ads/c72 or in the Equine Chronicle magazine!  Keep a lookout for our new full page ad featuring the Voorhees sisters, Sarayah and Shay, coming soon!

Sincerely,
Heather

No comments: