Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fall's Busy Line-Up!

What a great week!

I just finished a wonderful girls-only dinner with a close friend.  What a great night!  I'm truly blessed to have so many wonderful girlfriends and wonderful family members in my life.  We need to make these kind of girls' nights a monthly tradition.  These dinners don't happen often enough and I'm definitely to blame.  I'm guilty of constantly getting wrapped up in my own work and deadlines.  It's been so refreshing to take time to enjoy cooking, eating, and gabbing about silly girly gossip!  Finding a healthy balance is something I'm always striving for.

Recently there have been so many occasions to distract me from or inspire my work...........depending how you look at things.  Lately I've been burning the midnight oil, stoning away, making up for lost time from work while having some fun.  This week I joined in celebrating my Grandparent's 60th Anniversary!  Wow!  Congratulations!  I also spent some time in lovely Napa, California (yes -  famous wine country) where my sister just moved to after finally getting into nursing school!  Yea!  Go girl!  It was also fun catching up with a great old show buddy and one of my first-ever paying clients! She gave me this great picture of her wearing one of my first CBH Horsemanship designs.  Thanks Julie, I love the picture and I'm so happy to share it!  It was so nice to catch up with a long lost friend!


Between all this fun I have been keeping my eye on the AQHA Select World Show - going on now!!!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all our clients and local northern California girls competing this year at the Select World.  Congratulations on qualifying and Best of Luck Ladies!  Here are a few fun facts about this Giant AQHA event for the fabulous 50 and over riders.

- 796 horses at the show and 778 entered in western classes.
- The oldest horses competing are age 25 and there's 2 being ridden at the show.
- The oldest entrant competing at the show is 85! and her name is Suzanne Jones of New Mexico.

I wanted to remind everyone to sign up for our newsletter.  Just check out our home page http://www.heathershotcouture.com/ for directions to sign up.  It's free and easy and we are running a BIG PROMO for readers on Custom By Heathers, so it's worth checking out.  These great deals are right on time for fall's major shows, and if you'd like to have something custom designed and made, call us while there's still time and no nasty RUSH FEES to place your orders.

- AQHA Adequan Select World, now until Sept 5th, Amarillo Texas
- AQHA Fall Classic, Sept 16-19th, Santa Barbara, CA  ***
- AQHA Scottsdale Classic, Oct 1st- 6th, Scottsdale, AZ
- APHA Western Paint World, Oct 13-17, Bakersfield, CA  ***
- The Congress, Oct 1-24th, Ohio
- APHA Open World Show, 4-13, Texas
- AQHA Open World Show, Nov 5-20, Oklahoma

*** indicates shows we will be at as vendors, so stop, shop and say Hi!

Thanks Ladies, Happy Showing,
Heather

No comments: